NFL trade rumors are starting to pick up big time now that NFL free agency is upon us right now.
Last offseason saw the likes of stars Russell Wilson, Davante Adams, A.J. Brown and Tyreek Hill dealt as teams utilized the trade market far more than in the past.
We don’t expect things to change as teams prepare for the start of NFL free agency and the upcoming draft. Bookmark. Do your thing. This is your one-stop shop for all of the latest NFL trade rumors.
Related: 2023 NFL Draft rumors
Aaron Rodgers could soon be on the move
Rodgers just exited his four-day darkness retreat with a cloud still hanging over the four-time NFL MVP. Said retreat was meant to help him make a decision on his future with Green Bay. We have no idea what he’s thinking at this point.
What we do know is that the New York Jets’ brass just recently met face-to-face with Rodgers in California. At the very least, this seems to suggest that Rodgers is open to returning for at least another season. It just likely won’t be with his current Green Bay Packers team. They are reportedly ready to move forward with Jordan Love, meaning a trade could soon be in the works.
Arizona Cardinals listening on DeAndre Hopkins
Sportsnaut NFL insider Benjamin Allbright reported recently that talks of a potential Hopkins trade heated up big time during last week’s NFL Scouting Combine. One team was mentioned as a potential landing spot for the All-Pro pass-catcher. But there’s not going to be a limited number of suitors.
- DeAndre Hopkins stats (2013-22): 853 receptions, 11,298 yards, 71 TD, 62.4% catch rate
In nine games after returning from suspension this past season, Hopkins hauled in 64 passes for 717 yards. Arizona is seemingly hellbent on trading the star receiver with an asking price starting at a second-round pick.
Related: Top 2023 NFL free agents
Derrick Henry potentially on the block
NFL trade rumors point to Derrick Henry potentially being put on the block. It should not be considered too much of a surprise given Tennessee’s cost-cutting ways under new general manager Ran Carthon, including the release of starting left tackle Taylor Lewan.
A two-time NFL rushing champion, Henry finished second behind Josh Jacobs in that category a season ago. He still has a ton of juice left in that tank and would be an ideal fit for multiple contending teams. Here, we looked at a few of them.
NFL trade rumors point to Jalen Ramsey being on the move
Coming off an injury-plagued and disappointing 2022 season, the Los Angeles Rams find themselves in salary cap hell. This has led to early speculation that it’s just a matter of time before general manager Les Snead and Co. move off the All-Pro cornerback.
Related: Ideal Jalen Ramsey trade scenarios
Ramsey, 28, is coming off a somewhat down season by his standards. The five-time Pro Bowler yielded a 62.6% completion when targeted. Though, he also led Los Angeles with four interceptions and is still in his prime. The issue here is Ramsey’s $25.2 million cap hit for the 2023 season and how that will impact a potential trade. But several contending teams are expected to get involved with the Las Vegas Raiders being bandied about most recently.
New York Jets unlikely to trade Zach Wilson
Wilson’s disastrous sophomore season has been followed by numerous rumors suggesting that New York is done with the former No. 2 pick. Wilson was benched multiple times during the 2022 campaign while showing a lack of maturity and leadership.
With the Jets being linked to the aforementioned Aaron Rodgers in numerous NFL trade rumors, common logic seems to suggest that Zach Wilson is as good as gone from New Jersey. That might not be the case. Apparently, the Jets’ brass still believe he can provide something of substance moving forward. We’re not buying it.
NFL trade rumors point to Courtland Sutton being on the block
There has been some speculation that Denver might look to trade Sutton at some point before the 2023 NFL Draft. He’s playing under a four-year, $60.8 million contract and did not mesh well with Russell Wilson in the quarterback’s first season with the Broncos (58.7% catch rate).
After a breakout sophomore season (1,112 yards) back in 2019, Sutton suffered a torn ACL early in 2020. The still-young pass catcher has not put up as much as 900 yards in each of the past two seasons. Even then, someone should show interest in a 6-foot-4 receiver who is just now hitting his prime at 27.
More Los Angeles Rams trade rumors
We previously focused on Jalen Ramsey being available, but the Rams might have some other options open to teams on the trade block. Primarily, veteran edge rusher Leonard Floyd will either be released or traded ahead of the start of free agency.
Floyd, 32, has recorded at least nine sacks in each of his three seasons with Los Angeles. He also comes with a cap hit of $22 million next season. Some team could be a buy-low trade candidate for contending teams.
Other NFL trade rumors
- The Las Vegas Raiders reportedly have Pro Bowl tight end Darren Waller and wide receiver Hunter Renfrow on the trade block. It seems as if head coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Dave Ziegler want to create a different atmosphere around the organization after a disappointing six-win season.
- Houston Texans wide receiber Brandin Cooks is not happy about wasting away with a losing organization and wants to move on to a contender. It was one of the major NFL trade rumors leading up to the in-season deadline. With six career 1,000-yard seasons under his belt, there’s going to be interest in Cooks.
- The Cincinnati Bengals recently shot down rumors that star wide receiver Tee Higgins could be had in a trade. Cincinnati is facing an uncertain situation as the team must extend Higgins, fellow wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase and quarterback Joe Burrow in the not-so-distant future.
- Could the San Francisco 49ers move one of their top wide receivers? There’s been some speculation that either Deebo Samuel or Brandon Aiyuk could be had. Of the two, Samuel seems to be more likely with Aiyuk needing to receive an extension. The basis here? The imminent record-breaking extension Nick Bosa is slated to sign this offseason.
This article was originally published on Sportsnaut.com and is republished here with permission.