All NFL players have one singular goal when entering a season — to win a Super Bowl. But for all those who fall short, there are two other teams football players can be named to gain further recognition for their performances, namely the Pro Bowl and the NFL All-Pro teams. While many fans appreciate the Pro Bowl teams each season, even getting a chance to vote on the rosters can be a fun activity, it’s the All-Pro teams that garner much more attention as they are a much tougher nut to crack.
In this case, players were able to vote on the NFL All-Pro teams for the first time in league history this season, but ultimately, it was still up to the Associated Press to make the final call.
Here we have the official 2022-23 AP NFL All-Pro teams. Down below the rosters is an additional breakdown. Who received unanimous first-team All-Pro selections, which players got snubbed, and who didn’t deserve their spot? We dive into it all.
AP reveals NFL All-Pro team
- QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
- RB: Josh Jacobs, Las Vegas Raiders
- WR: Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings – (Unanimous first-team All-Pro), Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs, Davante Adams, Las Vegas Raiders
- TE: Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs – (Unanimous first-team All-Pro)
- LT: Trent Williams, San Francisco 49ers
- LG: Joel Bitonio, Cleveland Browns
- C: Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles
- RG: Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys
- RT: Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagles
Defensive All-Pro selections for 2022-23
- Edge: Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers, Micah Parsons, Dallas Cowboys
- iDL: Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs, Quinnen Williams, New York Jets
- LB: Fred Warner, San Francisco 49ers, Roquan Smith, Baltimore Ravens, Matt Milano, Buffalo Bills
- CB: Sauce Gardner, New York Jets, Patrick Surtain II, Denver Broncos
- S: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Steelers, Talanoa Hufanga, San Francisco 49ers
Special teams All-Pro selections for 2022-23
- K: Daniel Carlson, Las Vegas Raiders
- P: Tommy Townsend, Kansas City Chiefs
- KR: Keisean Nixon, Green Bay Packers
- PR: Marcus Jones, New England Patriots
- ST: Jeremy Reaves, Washington Commanders
- LS: Andrew DePaola, Minnesota Vikings
The only two players who were unanimous first-team All-Pro selections were Justin Jefferson and Travis Kelce. Ahmad ‘Sauce’ Gardner is the only rookie from the 2022 NFL Draft class to be named a first-team All-Pro this season.
Which players got snubbed from the All-Pro teams?
While it’s hard to say any of the players listed above weren’t worthy of being named an All-Pro, the truth is there are only so many spots available on such a limited roster. This isn’t the Pro Bowl, where there is a need to fill out two full teams. This is simply the best of the best, with both the AFC and NFC combined into one super team.
Yet, there are bound to be All-Pro snubs.
In this case, one of the more noticeable snubs is running back Christian McCaffrey, who recorded 1,210 yards and 10 touchdowns in 11 games since arriving via trade from Carolina.
This article was originally published on Sportsnaut.com and is republished here with permission.